Professional & Faculty
- Born in a conventional joint family, strong values anchored our growing days. Grandfather being an army man, also ensured that discipline and simplicity
became a way of life. Educating girl children was central to my parents and this ensured that their three daughters were highly educated. My eldest sister has a
Ph.D. (Speech and Hearing), elder sister an MBA (HR) and I, the last of the three siblings, became a Chartered Accountant ; Faculty.
- In all my endeavors, personal, professional and the Toastmasters leadership journey, my pillar of support has been my family, comprising of Toastmaster
Balajee, my ever-encouraging husband of 20 years, doting teenaged daughters Svarnarupa & Prerna, my adoring father, supportive mother-in-law and my ever-
loving pet Labrador, Felix. We are happy that Svarnarupa has started her Toastmasters journey as a Charter member in a College Club.
- My belief is that we are life time students and I have been studying a new area of interest every time I complete one. Learning, unlearning and relearning helped
me in adapting and adopting to changing scenarios and challenges. My latest educational pursuit is Certified Public Accounting (CPA, USA).
- In my personal life, I have always been a “doer” with a “never give up” attitude. It is said that women are multi taskers and can manage many things at the same
time. I am a home maker, managing my lovely family, a practicing Chartered accountant and a faculty in Business schools. I am also a social entrepreneur
engaged in the upliftment of less privileged children and empowerment of women. I also support as the secretary of our apartment association.
- My Toastmasters journey started in 2010 and I have held various leadership positions in District 92 (India – Karnataka, Kerala), from Club President to
Division Governor, District Finance Manager, Program Quality Director and District Director. Currently I am serving as the Immediate Past District Director of
District 92. I have enjoyed my journey of doing my DTM twice and currently pursuing my Pathways journey. I have also served as the Pathways Ambassador
and Pathways Guide.
- My core belief which became the tagline during my District Director’s term “Every member Counts! Commits! Contributes!” brought accolades to District 92 as a number 2 District in the TI world.
- The 9 years of Toastmasters journey have indeed been a transformational experience and I am looking forward to share these learnings and give back to this wonderful organization.
- Toastmasters has indeed transformed me as a leader. Today I have been successful to inspire many women not only in their career decisions but also in their personal lives to follow their passions.
- I am privileged to be selected by the International Leadership Committee (ILC) as a Nominated candidate for the position of International Director from Region 13.
- Assisting the clients as advisor for financial planning, all functions of business in technological area, such as transaction capturing & processing and also in areas such as Corporate Governance and Risk Management.
- As a Forensic Accountant, I have helped clients in minimizing future damages and risk of loss, fraud detection and prevention.
- Been on the panel of advisors for risk based concurrent audit for leading public sector banks.
- Have advised the clients in areas of Foreign exchange and Treasury management, exchange rate risks facing domestic and multinational companies,
evaluating alternative methods for managing foreign exchange, usage of forex derivatives to hedge forex risk and demonstrating the understanding of ethical
and compliance issues.
- Have been part of startups right from the inception in developing their financial structure, organization structure, investments alternatives, accounting and
finance, statutory requirements and liaison with government agencies and banking sector.
- As an Information Systems Auditor, I have helped clients with Information Systems Assurance Services, Governance, Management of Enterprise
Information Technology, Risk Management and Compliance Reviews, Protection of Information Systems Infrastructure and Information Assets, Systems
Development, Business Applications Software Audit and Business Continuity Management.
- Last 16 years has been very interesting teaching management students from various Business schools. My Master’s in Education with International curriculum and Psychology has helped me to fine tune my teaching methodology for students requiring special needs to understand the subjects.
- I am also involved in Curriculum development of various courses in the undergraduate and post graduate level programs.
- Been a mentor for students for their project preparations and internship assignments.
- Have been involved with the placements cells of various industries and also to align the curriculum to the needs of the industry.
- Have been a counselor to students who needed support in dealing with issues related to studies, peer pressure and relationships.
- Have been successful in bringing back these students to main stream who are now successful in their careers and personal life.
- I have been part of the Anganwadi project where I have educated street and village students.
- I participated in the Leprosy eradication drive that aims to eliminate leprosy in mankind.
- To tackle the daily waste disposal, I have partnered with Hasirudala in Waste management projects.
- I have had the opportunity to work alongside Suruchi that deals with Women employment and empowerment.
- Engaged in natural farming and avoiding pesticides and other chemicals